The Crimson Horn
Welcome to the cast page! Click on a character portrait to learn more about that character.
- Name: Alex
- Age: 24
- Birthday: July 25 (Leo)
- Sex: Male
- Home Location: Sunrise Tower penthouse apartment, Port Azure
- Profession: Celebrity musician and model
- Education: B.A. in musical performance, emphasis in vocal performance
Though he's a talented and famous celebrity musician, Alex always felt something was missing from his life. He's handsome, well-loved, but felt frustrated with the trappings of the media industry.
A fateful encounter with the Olympian Prophet awakened Alex to the truth of his life. He's a demigod, son of Apollo, god of music. Since then, things have been making more sense for Alex. He's still trying to figure out what being Apollo's son means for him, but he gets to be a superhero and he thinks that's pretty cool..
- Solar Energy: As the son of Apollo, Alex has the ability to absorb solar energy. He can store it like a battery and taps into this reserve to use all of his divine powers. While in direct sunlight, Alex has an unlimited source of energy. At night or in darkened areas, he has a finite amount of power, and has to recharge. Though he can’t metabolize solar energy, he does feel “highs” and “lows” based on how much sunlight he’s stored.
- Energy Blasts: Alex can fire super-heated solar blasts by drawing on his solar energy reserves.
- Light Projection: Alex can use his solar energy reserves to generate or project light. He can glow and he can cause other things to glow.
- Healing: Apollo is the god of healing, and Alex has inherited some of that power. He can use his solar energy reserves to heal injuries and disease. The greater the injury, the more energy he has to expend.
- Flight: Alex can fly. This also taps into his solar energy but uses minimal power.
- Divine Voice: Apollo, god of song, has bestowed a part of his divine voice upon his son. Alex’s voice is powerful and clear normally. If he empowers it with his solar reserves, his singing voice can become hypnotic and hold the attention of all who hear it.
- Divine Athletics: Apollo is not the foremost god of athletics. That honor goes to Hermes. Still, Apollo has influence over male athleticism, and his male children are all talented athletes. Alex was always in shape, but since his divine blood awakened he’s become faster, stronger, and more agile.
- Name: Markos
- Nicknames: Markos, MC, the Prophet
- Age: 26
- Birthday: May 31 (Gemini)
- Sex: Male
- Ethnicity: Greek/Italian
- Home Location: 147 Midsummer Ave., Apt 44, Port Azure
- Profession: Graphic designer working for Spearhead Studios
- Education: B.F.A. in graphic design
Being a Prophet is something you're chosen to do, for better or worse. Markos was selected at the moment of his birth to be the voice of the Greek pantheon on Earth. As a result, he hears the voices of the gods in his ear as if they were sitting there talking to him.
Being the Prophet can be really tiring. All the supernaturals know he has a direct line to the gods and they come asking for his help -- even if the Greeks aren't their gods. So Markos has a busy life.
On the other hand, having the gods in his ear can be a huge help in his everyday life. Imagine having divine tutors for everything...
- Voice of the Gods: Markos is the only living being, human or supernatural, who can communicate directly with the Greek gods. This gives him special prestige in the supernatural community. His words carry divine authority, and he can leverage that influence over some supernatural creatures.Sometimes a god can speak directly through Markos, though this is a rare occurrence.
- Blessings of Hermes: The Greek Prophet is always loved by Hermes, for they share similar roles. Both act as emissaries and intercessors, and rely on their wit as much as anything else. Markos enjoys the following boons:
- Omni-lingual: Markos can fluently speak, read, and understand any spoken or written language, including dead languages. This blessing does not confer the ability to understand mechanical languages, like computer programming.
- Messenger’s Grace: Hermes’ blessing makes Markos naturally athletic. The Prophet is in excellent shape, and can perform a few steps above human peak. He’s just fast enough, agile enough, and strong enough to have an edge.
- Talaria: Also known as the winged sandals, Hermes bestows a pair of these on every Greek Prophet. These allow the Prophet to run through the air at great speeds.
- Divine Artifacts: The gods have much invested in their Prophet, and have given him several artifacts to help him in his duties. Among these artifacts are:
- Hide of the Nemean Lion: Though it no longer looks like a lion’s hide, Markos’ costume is impervious to weapons. The Hide can change its appearance to adapt to Markos’ needs.
- Scythe of Hades: This polearm is decorated with a skull motif and has the three-headed cerberus carved into its haft. Its ebony blade is always razor-sharp and a wound from this weapon is always more grievous than it looks. The Scythe can collapse into the form of an umbrella for easy camouflage among mortals.
- Bows of Apollo and Artemis: The archer-gods bestowed these long-range weapons on the Prophet. One fires sunbeams, the other fires moonbeams. Apollo’s bow is more effective during the day and Artemis’ at night. Currently they take the form of small crossbows and can be folded up and easily hidden on clothing.
- Divine Protection: It is extremely difficult to kill or inflict lasting harm on any Prophet. They are the chosen ones of an entire pantheon, and the gods intercede to keep the Prophet safe. Often this intervention means the difference between a broken arm and a broken neck. If the Prophet might die, the gods will sacrifice another life for the Prophet’s. For example, if the Prophet was about to get hit by a car, a bystander might suddenly jump in the way or the car might swerve and hit someone else.
- Name: Natsumi
- Nicknames: The Dove
- Age: 24
- Birthday: October 3 (Libra)
- Sex: Female
- Ethnicity: Japanese
- Home Location: 1432 N. 23rd St, Apt 33-B
- Profession: Fashion designer and blogger, costumed hero
- Education: B.F.A. in fashion design
Natsumi is the daughter of the Japanese war deity Hachiman. Thanks to her divine heritage, she is a master of combat, an expert in many martial arts, and a cunning tactician. She also possesses a burning drive to protect the innocent. Since she moved to Port Azure, she has become one of the masked heroes that fight for what's right.
Natsumi is a fashion designer in her day job. She brings her Japanese fashion aesthetic to her work, but she also likes to design practical clothing. Perhaps it's her warrior's mind at work.
- Combat Mastery: Natsumi is a natural master at all forms of combat. She is skilled in both melee and missile weapons and she is a formidable unarmed combatant.
- Weapon Summoning: Natsumi can conjure various types of weapons. The weapons must be relatively simple, so she can’t conjure firearms but she can create simpler weapons swords or bows.
- Enhanced Body: Natsumi’s strength, agility, and stamina are above human norms. She can fight longer, harder, and faster than any human.
- Durability: Natsumi is the daughter of a protector deity. She is essentially a tank, and capable of withstanding a severe amount of punishment.
- Name: Ana Vasquez
- Nicknames: La Llorona, Detective
- Age: 35
- Birthday: September 14 (Virgo)
- Sex: Female
- Ethnicity: Mexican
- Home Location: 2508 Robinson Dr., Port Azure
- Profession: Detective
- Education: B.S. in Criminal Justice, minor in Chinese
Sometimes the supernatural doesn't play by human rules. They get away with crimes regular humans could never do.
Those supernatural creatures should still be worried. There's a force in Port Azure that puts a stop to those that escape human justice. Her name is La Llorona, the Weeping Woman, and villainous supernaturals all over the city know and fear the name...
- Badass Normal: Ana is fully human. She has no innate superhuman abilities. However, she is in excellent physical condition and works hard to stay in shape.
- Martial Arts: Ana is well-trained in hand-to-hand combat and in the use of small weapons such as batons and knives.
- Marksmanship: Thanks to her police training, Ana has excellent aim.
- Utility Belt: All badass normals need one and Ana is no exception. Hers contains useful mundane tools as well as a few magical and supernatural trinkets she’s collected.
- Languages: Ana is fluent in English, Spanish, and Chinese
The Crimson Horn
- Name: Tybalt
- Nicknames: The Crimson Horn
- Age: 26
- Birthday: May 1 (Taurus)
- Sex: Male
- Ethnicity: Basque
- Home Location: 242 Riverview St., Apt. 307
- Profession: Detective, costumed hero
- Education: B.S. in criminology.
Tybalt is an aatxe, a being from Basque folklore. As an aatxe, he has a strong, deep-seated sense of justice. This led him to become a police officer and became one of the youngest detectives in Port Azure history.
Since becoming a detective, Tybalt has become Ana's partner, both in police work and as vigilantes. He brings his formidable strength, power over lightning, and strong drive for good to Ana's quest to right the wrongs of the supernatural world.
- Enhanced Strength: As an aatxe, Tybalt has superior strength in both his human and bull forms.
- Unstoppable Charge: Tybalt is difficult to stop once he gets going. In human form, his charge can break through bricks. His bull form enables him to charge through solid steel if he gets enough momentum going.
- Electrokinesis: An aatxe is in tune with storms, so Tybalt can draw on the power of the storm to generate and manipulate electricity.
- Storm Child: The storm gives the aatxe power. During stormy weather, especially at night, Tybalt’s power increases dramatically.
- Bull Form: While Tybalt has access to most of his abilities in his human form, they become magnified when he transforms into his bull form.